Friday, September 01, 2006

A Wedding at Grand Central Station


Well Marielle, Marc, my sister Sarah, my sister Jenn, and I went to my dad’s wedding this weekend in NY. We had a great time. On Friday we met my dad and my uncle Glenn, for dinner at my dad’s house. My dad cooked Italian food and let me tell you it was really good. Marc and I’s favorite was the meatballs. Neither of us are generally fans of meatballs, but when there this good you can’t help but love them. According to my dad he got the recipe from this Italian woman who was his neighbor when he was a kid. Anyway, we had a great time hanging out.

On Saturday we went to the wedding in Grand Central Station (where Meredith and my dad first met). It was a beautiful ceremony, simple and elegant. We were all so happy to see my dad get married to Meredith. She is such a great match for him and will make a great addition to the family and she made a beautiful bride. After the ceremony, which was on a balcony overlooking the station, we had appetizers and cocktails at Metrazur. Metrazur is a great restaurant in Grand Central Station like ten feet from where Meredith and my dad got married. The cocktail hour was fun. Mostly Marc and I took turnings chasing after Marielle who was introducing herself to everyone. Then we sat down for dinner in a private dining room. Marc and I had the filet which was awesome. It had this cheesy grits side that I ate within 30 seconds or so. Marielle slept in her stroller through dinner, which was great. Marc and I actually got a chance to eat our meals instead of one rushing through while the other is watching and then switching. All in all it was a great evening and we all had a great time. It was great getting to spend time with Meredith, my Dad, my Uncle Glenn and my sisters who I just don’t get to see enough of.


On Sunday, Marc, Marielle, Sarah and I flew home. First, we flew to Atlanta, which makes no sense. On the way there, Marielle, who had had about 3 hours less sleep than usual, was a total crank. She was not pleased at having to sit in her seat and was sure to let us know about it. The second flight was much better. There was this couple next to us who could not get enough of her. They kept telling us how cute she was and told us that if we wanted them to hold her they totally would. A few minutes into the flight Marielle was getting a little anxious and the gentleman asked if he could hold her. Usually I would think this was odd, but this couple were just super sweet and seemed like great people. Anyway, I told him he could hold her thinking he would hold her for a second and then she would get stranger anxiety and she would be passed back. Instead, the guy held her and she totally fell asleep in his arms. I told him that he didn’t have to keep holding her, but he told us that he loved babies and was having fun and didn’t mind if we didn’t. Well Marielle looked so darn comfortable I didn’t want to disturb her so I said it was fine. The gentleman held her for a little over an hour while she napped. It was odd and cute all at the same time. After the nap Marielle colored in her Dora the Explorer coloring book and played with her cups, which is one of her favorite toys.


Anyway, the wedding weekend was fast but great. Congrats again Meredith and Dad. We love you both.



No comments: