Well, last weekend I let Marielle try feeding herself

with a spoon. Viv and I had been somewhat concerned because we heard someone say that utensil usage was normal for 12-month-olds. We looked at each other and said, "huh, she's 15 months old and still chucks food with her hands." We then decided it was no big deal since our primary concern is just getting her to eat. Up until last weekend she did that best with her hands.

Last Sunday morning, we were hanging out and letting Mom sleep in - she had a busy Saturday and stayed up late to watch a movie with me. I handed Marielle a spoon loaded with strained prunes, and half expected her to throw it. I know, everyone is thinking that I have no faith in our daughter, but I have experienced the spoon tossing first hand. However, she made it to her mouth on the first try. She still hasn't figured out the whole scooping principal that spoon usage is founded on, yet she manages to transfer a decent amount of food to her mouth merely by coating the spoon after dipping it in whatever we hold out for her. She went on to finish half a container of prunes and a whole container of yogurt. Her friend Nathan would laugh in the face of half-a-prunes and yogurt, but it is alright by her standards.
1 comment:
Come on guys, prunes! I have tasted them and know why Marielle only gets 1/2 a container down. The trick is ice cream, give her some of that and see how much she eats. Alex loves it and moans and groans for more the entire time he is eating it. We love you all and can't wait to see you soon. Time is ticking, only 8 more days!
Love,
CP
Post a Comment