Saturday, January 13, 2007

Out and About in the Snow

My parents bought Marielle the cutest little snowsuit. Last weekend we tested it out. At first it looked like it was going to be huge on her, but it actually fit pretty well. She looked a little like the colored marshmallows that you can buy near Easter. She got a chance to cruise around in a sled as well. Opa ran up and down the sidewalk with her in tow.

After playing around in my parents yard, we cruised over to my Grandfather's house. He lives a little ways up the road, so we decided to walk. It was a bit more slow going than I thought it would be. You'd think that pulling a twenty pound toddler through the snow would be easy, but after the snow's melted and re-frozen a few times, it's not as accommodating. I also chose to wear a pair of Vans instead of a shoe that was even remotely water resistant. By the time we got there, I was drenched in sweat despite the fact that is was in the 30's that day. The best part was that as she bumped along in the sled on the way to Great Grandpa's house, she fell asleep. It was hilarious. One minute she was looking around and enjoying the ride, the next, she was doubled over and completely out! Sadly we didn't have the camera at that point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Alex loves to sled, and this year he has had a lot of opportunities. I have to say, I am ready for the snow to melt and warm weather, too bad it is only January.

Colette

Anonymous said...

I think the same thing. I'm ready to say goodbye to winter. Especially the artic four degree weather. Maybe it will get warm early :)